Sunday, October 7, 2012

Food Challenge

Yesterday I went shopping and found a alb bag of onions on sale for $0.79, a bag of carrots for $0.79, and two organic free range whole chicken for $10 each. So I got them all and a bag of celery and I'm going to mass cook some. First I'm roasting the chicken and then shredding one and seperating the other. I am then going to make stock with the bones, onions, carrots, and celery.
For roasting I put some aluminum foil to cover a 9x13 baking pan. Then put in the chicken and took out the gizzards, and added about an inch of water. I seasoned it with cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, white pepper (since discovering this product I have fallen in love), and paprika. I put it in the oven at 250 and will cook and till a pretty golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment